Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the price of an iMac / MacBook / iPod / iPad?
Please click here for the prices of the above products.
2. Do you have stocks for iMac / MacBook / iPod / iPad?
As our stocks are dynamic, we are unable to accurately advise the availability of the product on the date of purchase. Please contact the respective stores on product availability.
3. Can I make a reservation for products at the Changi Airport Terminal 2 or 3 outlet?
As our stocks are dynamic, we are unable to accept reservations beyond 3 days prior to a passenger’s flight. Do contact us 3 days prior to your travel date so that we can advise its availability and make necessary arrangements.
4. Can I place a pre-order or reservation for a newly launched Apple products (iPads, iPhones etc)?
As initial stocks for newly launched products are constrained, we will not be able to commit on pre-orders and reservations of such items.
5. Can I make tax-free purchases when I return to Singapore?
Tax free purchases is only applicable to passengers with valid boarding passes. Purchases which are bought and brought into Singapore for usage, may be subjected to taxes at customs.
6. Can I make tax free purchases when I depart Singapore and collect the item when I return to Singapore?
All purchases at our stores are cash-and-carry. We are unable to hold the purchased item at our store.
7. I will depart / arrive from Terminal 1. Can I still purchase from istudio?
Our stores are located within the transit area, therefore passengers who are departing or arriving in Changi Airport Terminals 1 would still be able to purchase from our stores. Terminals 1, 2 and 3 are interlinked by the Skytrain. The Skytrain service is operational from 0500 to 0230, with intervals of 1 to 3 minutes. During non-operational hours, passengers who are within the transit areas may use the inter-terminal travellators.
8. Can I have taxes refunded if purchases are made at your town stores?
Tourists will be able to have taxes refunded for purchases made at our town stores. However, as such refunds are handled by GST refund agencies, a handling fee will be deducted from your refund amount. Please visit Changi Airport’s website for more information.
9. I am a cabin crew, am I entitled to tax refund and will there be discounts?
To be eligible for a GST refund under this scheme, you must satisfy all the following criteria:
(a) You are not a Singapore citizen nor a Singapore permanent resident;
(b) You are 16 years of age or above at the time of purchase;
(c) You have not been in Singapore for more than 365 days in the last 24 months before the date of your purchase;
(d) You have not, at any time in the last 6 months before the date of purchase, exercised employment in Singapore; and
(e) You are not a member of the cabin or flight crew of the aircraft on which you are departing out of Singapore.
10. Do you have stock for the new iPad and can I place a reservation?
As the new iPad is a highly demanded product and fast selling, we are unable to advise its availability. Please do contact the stores to enquire of its latest availability.
As the new iPad is a newly launched product, we are not permitted to accept reservations or pre-orders.
11. Do you have stocks for the iPad 2 32GB and 64GB variants?
With the release of the new iPad, only 16GB variants of the iPad 2 is available. Please Please click here for the prices of the above Apple products.
12. I have other enquiries that could not be found in your FAQ.
Send your enquiries or feedback to us using the online feedback service.